Sunday 1 January 2012

Reading and Reviewing Challenges for 2012

As I posted last week, I greatly enjoyed the Bookette's British Books Challenge this year and it has left me raring to go with other challenges.  As you may have noticed from the lovely badges currently adorning the left hand side of the blog, I've found some to sign up for.  Here's a quick run-down of what I'm pledging to do for these challenges (and do please note that a single book read and reviewed could, theoretically, count towards all three challenges!):

British Book Challenge 2012
For this one, I need to read and review a minimum of 12 books by British writers (any genre, any target audience, published at any time). In 2011, I managed 22, so I'm hoping to exceed this for this year.
Debut Author Challenge 2012
This is the first of the new (to me) challenges that I've signed up for. This one is also a 12-book challenge, and is (unsurprisingly) focused on debut authors in the YA and MG categories (even if they've previously published adult or non-fiction books). I'm hoping to reach 20 in this category this year.
New Authors Challenge 2012
This is a three-tier challenge: you can set yourself a target of 15, 25 or 50 books (I went for 25). Each of these books must be by an author who is new to you. Obviously, most books I read for the Debut challenge will count here, but they do not need to be debuting to count for this one.

There may also be other challenges I happen across and join in during the year. For example, in 2011, I was happy to spot Portrait of a Woman's Lesbian Teen Novels week and to shunt Malinda Lo's Ash to the top of my TBR pile for that week.

Finally, I'm setting myself a Goodreads target of 50 books for 2012, as I read precisely 40 in 2011. Obviously, this includes all books I record in Goodreads and not all of those will be reviewed here (like books I read for work).

Each of these challenges now has its own page where I'll record books I plan to read and link to reviews as they're completed. These pages (and the badges to the left) will also take you to the sign-up posts, if you want to join in!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of books! Good luck with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have set yourself up for a lot of reading! Sounds brilliant, good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...