Tuesday 27 December 2011

Tuesday Tidings: British Books Challenge Wrap-up

I signed up for the British Books Challenge last December and was keen to get going in January. The challenge was simply to read and review at least 12 British books. This was my first blogging challenge and gave me an excuse a reason to start doing reviews on this blog, which I have greatly enjoyed, so my thanks go to the Bookette for that!

I have mostly reviewed children's and YA books, and my 22 UK titles this year are:

An Act of Love by Alan Gibbons
Birdman by Mo Hayder
Bloodstone by Gillian Philip
Dark Angels by Katherine Langrish
The Double Shadow by Sally Gardner
Firebrand by Gillian Philip
Flood and Fang by Marcus Sedgwick
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
Kaspar - Prince of Cats by Michael Morpurgo
Lob by Linda Newbery
The Long Weekend by Savita Kalhan
Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick
Paper Wings by Linda Sargent
Soul Beach by Kate Harrison
West of the Moon by Katherine Langrish
When I Was Joe by Keren David
Witch Hill by Marcus Sedgwick
Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver

I'm definitely signing up for next year's challenge, which is now being hosted by Kirsty at The Overflowing Library, and I'm now inspired to look out for other interesting challenges for 2012. Do you take part in reading/reviewing challenges? Would you like to recommend any? 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this challenge and I've already signed up for it for 2012.

    While I enjoy the prospect of book challenges, I think I'll just stick to this one and maybe do some mini ones that pop-up throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...